Delicious, dynamic, easy.
Yield: 1.5 cups (enough for 8+ servings)
Time: 10 minutes
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons capers, chopped
- 4 cornichons, chopped (or can substitute gourmet pickle, ie Bubbies)
- approx 1 teaspoon salt
- optional: hot sauce
- Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, and dijon.
- Mix in chopped hard-boiled eggs, capers, and cornichons/pickles. Add salt to taste.
- As variations, add hot sauce, or chives/tarragon/basil/dill.
Pairs well with…
- any white fish (i.e., flounder), pan sauteed or roasted or broiled depending on the fish
- Crab Cakes
- steak !