Yield: 4 servings
Time: 45 minutes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 tablespoons chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- Flour for rolling dough
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dough.
- Divide dough into four equal pieces; roll each piece into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball into a 7-inch round. Mound 1/4 of the filling on half the dough. Fold other dough half over the filling and pinch edges together to seal. Transfer pocket to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- With a sharp knife, cut several slits in top of each pastry. Bake pockets until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Savory Pork Apple and Sage Pies (includes dough recipe)